lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:morphyms1817"

9974 forum posts
Off-Topic Discussion - Where is metal music originated from?#28

@OctoPinky said in #26: > I've seen Malmsteen play classical on his electric and also with an orchestra - one hell of a good show.

morphyms1817
Off-Topic Discussion - Have you seen famous art at a museum?#5

@Marakuya said in #4: > na I hadn't seen any famous art. yet As a resident of Earth, you will have several billion options to peruse.

morphyms1817
Off-Topic Discussion - Have you seen famous art at a museum?#3

@HerkyHawkeye said in #2: > Smaller art venues are tremendous. Mississippi Museum of Art in Jackson blew me away with their collection in mid 2010s'.

morphyms1817
Off-Topic Discussion - Have you seen famous art at a museum?#1

I wish I could go again if there was not so much crime. In the past I had looked at Studio glass by Dale Chihuly mobiles of Alexander Calder Jackson Pollock Salvador Dali mixed media of Howard Finster…

morphyms1817
Off-Topic Discussion - Who's the most famous person you've ever met?#25

symphony and choral conductor Robert Shaw

morphyms1817
Off-Topic Discussion - Where is metal music originated from?#18

2112's conceptual chapter organization compares favorably to some classical music.

morphyms1817
Off-Topic Discussion - Where is metal music originated from?#17

Working in the opposite direction, Electric Ladyland, pushed me in a classical direction.

morphyms1817
Off-Topic Discussion - Where is metal music originated from?#16

@bfchessguy said in #15: > I think there was a course given by McGill University rector of Music Faculty that was comparing Classic Music to Metal. A good course for me to audit. Cool.

morphyms1817
Off-Topic Discussion - Where is metal music originated from?#11

I like Stravinsky, too, for metal inspiration.

morphyms1817
Off-Topic Discussion - Where is metal music originated from?#1

From skimming the songs in this article, I'll stick my neck out and say these appear legid for kickstarting metal. I'll poke one boomer wannabe for his two cents. Do you agree with the author or would…

morphyms1817