lichess.org
Donate

Should i like my 1550 Blitz Rating

Hey everyone,

after 500 Blitz Games my rating is now 1569(almost my peak).

Now i ask myself, am i satisfied with my rating? Is it good?

And my question to you will be, what is your rating and how do you interpret your rating?

Now my story in a wall of text :D

I just enjoy playing chess. Its fun to compete against each other and to think about the game.

But sometimes i think like, i watched 1000(kingscrusher live plays mostly) chess videos on youtube. I played 500 Games and i invested a lot of time on my game. But i still feel like an amateur, a beginner. Do you feel the same? Or would you consider 1550 Rating as a good player? :)

I think the right opion ist more like:

The chess players on lichess are in generel pretty strong. And if you would compare 1550 rating with the tennis or some other sports..1550 is far above the beginner chess player. For example i meet some stranger in a bar and he says he is pretty good in chess..i should not be afraid..

What is your opion about the ratings here? At which rating would you say he is more or less a proffesionell? I havent found partical threads on this topic..

I am proud of you. 1550 is not that easy to get. It took me a lot of time to get equal results.

Just kidding..i do not want to answer myself. :D
1550 is above average. If you would like to play me, I'll happily take some of your points away ;)
It's never ever enough, true lover of chess will always want to improve, learn new things. At all moments of my chess career I've always considered my rating not high enough. Even now, I think I'm really bad. I don't even feel like I'm above the average :D That is self-criticism, but it keeps me inspired to go further, albeit it's getting harder and harder to do so.
And it's not the number of games you've played, it's the time you spent /studying/ chess, getting to know the game. It's really important to learn the principles of chess (like opening principles, development etc), tactical motifs, ideas, plans, strategy, calculation skills, visualization, even creativity. Absolutely sure you need to practice to implement those new ideas and techniques you've acquired and maybe you can discover new things during the game. And always look at your games, see which things you need to improve, what are your weakest points and work on them.
Thats a nice opion DVRazor. Being not satisfied and happy makes you train more..that helps me being happy about not being satisfied. :)

You think you are really bad, yes i do too :D

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.